Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My best silver so far - 1933 King George V Half Crown.

Tonight I went for a short hunt in an area where I had previously turned up some old english pennies, the oldest being a 1907 King Edward VII.
Chris at Detect NZ said where you find old copper you will find silver, he was right!
Thanks for the advice - Metal Kiwi.
After finding old decimal coinage, the 1c and 2c that we all love!! plus a couple of 50c pieces and no old pennies I moved over to the other side of the park where after finding $2.30in spendables and some ring pulls I had a jumpy signal similar to an old decimal coin, and was tempted not to dig it.
Pleased I did tho' as out came what I feel is one of the most decorative NZ coins ever minted, a silver 1933 King George V Half Crown.
I could not believe it, as I had always thought I would never find one.
When I had it in my pouch, I packed up and went home, quite elated, any thing else would be an anti climax.
Whatever else is down there can wait a bit longer!!
This treasure hunting is great fun and good exercise too!




The result of the short park hunt.
I will be back!

2 comments:

  1. Extra well done Kevin. Some have had to wait some time to find one of those silver hc's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that,I am still quie stunned by the find. It looked amazing by torch light in the hole, quite unreal!
      Regards Kevin

      Delete